Montessori Elementary Homeschool Blog - with documentation of our infant Montessori, toddler Montessori, and primary Montessori experiences; as well as preparation for the upcoming adolescent Montessori homeschool years.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Learn from our Children

I have been slowly reading through a short book that a friend asked me to read: The Practicing Mind: Bringing Discipline and Focus Into Your Life by Thomas M. Sterner

It is interesting - just provides a slightly different perspective on life issues.

One chapter though stood out - perhaps because I know of a few parents who need to KNOW this, and most Montessori parents already deeply, truly know: We have a lot to learn from our children. Not just because of them, not just for their sakes - directly from them.
Many adults make the mistake of thinking that because someone is younger than they are, they can't possibly learn something from them. This both an egotistical and insecure point of view in my mind. ...I have met many young people, even children, who were more mature and better-thinkers than some adults I know.    ~~~Thomas M. Sterner



No comments:

Post a Comment